- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2 ounces German sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- Brush bottom and sides of crust with egg yolk. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes.
- In small saucepan melt chocolate and margarine or butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir together sugar and cornstarch. Whisk into chocolate mixture. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined. Pour into crust.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans over chocolate mixture. Bake on baking sheet at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until almost set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until chilled. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE US A COMMENT BELOW. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT. :)