This recipe is courtesy of Malikah!
- 1 8-inch or 9-inch unbaked pie crust (homemade or storebought)
- 2 cups fresh pureed pumpkin (or one 15-oz can)
- 1 cup plain nondairy milk (soy, almond, coconut)*
- 3/4 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 2 1/2 – 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- vegan whipped topping, if desired**
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin, non-dairy milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and spices in a large bowl, and mix very well with an electric mixer (alternatively, you can combine these ingredients in a blender). Pour into unbaked pastry shell, and bake for about 60 minutes. The pie will still be a jiggly when you take it out of the oven, but it will firm up as it cools. Cool completely on a cooling rack, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving. Serve chilled and top with vegan whipped topping if desired.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE US A COMMENT BELOW. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT. :)