This recipe is courtesy of Malika.
- 9 inches pie crusts
- 2 cups purred sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, I use Splenda
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, I use Splenda
- 1/2 cup firm silken tofu (in the box, not water packed!)
- 1 1/4 cups plain or vanilla soymilk (recipe calls for plain but I used light vanilla)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- For the fresh sweet potato puree, I used 2 med/large sweet potatoes. Peeled and cut into wedges. Covered with foil and roasted 375 until tender (about 40-50 minutes). I suggests baking them whole and scooping out the pulp.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend on highest speed until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour into pie crust, and bake at 375 for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for an hour, then refrigerate at least another hour before serving. Serve chilled.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. :)