Low Carb Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie

This recipe is by way of my friend Salwaa.  She got it from Low Carb Diets.About.com and tweaked it a little bit.


CRUST
1 cup of chopped pecans
2 tbls of butter
a few drops of ez-sweetz

PIE FILLING
1 can of 15 oz pumpkin
3/4 of heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice
dash of salt
1/2 cup of erythritol
20 drops of ez-sweetz
2 eggs

Put oven on 425 (very important)
Place your pie pan ( I use glass), in the oven with the butter till it melts.  Take out of the oven and add your pecan pieces, sweetener and mix together with a spoon, then press down into the pan to make your crust.  Then pour your mixed pie filling into the pie and turn the oven down to 375 and bake for 15 mins.  Tturn it down to 300 and finish baking for 30 - 40 minutes.

So the only difference in my pie and the one on low carb diets about.com is the way the crust is done, the sweetener used and the spices (kinda).  I just used the pumpkin spice mix, and I just use heavy whipping cream.  Also I only whisk my pie filling together with a wire whisk.

I tried just using ez-sweetz and it doesn't turn out as good as using the erythritol.

Warning - this pie is very addicting ........
Here is her original recipe
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/pumpkinpie.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I just LOVE Comments! Please share one! If you made the above recipe, we would LOVE to hear that too! :)

Powered by Blogger.

up