This recipe is by Martha Stewart.
For the Crust
- 16 chocolate chip cookies (3 inches; baked until crisp), finely ground (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Creme fraiche, for serving
LET'S MAKE THE TART:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the crust: Stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake until firm and darkened, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a baking sheet. Meanwhile, make the filling: Heat cream in a saucepan until just starting to boil. Pour over chocolate in a bowl. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir. Whisk in egg, milk, and butter. Pour into cooled crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Bake tart until edges of filling are set but center still jiggles slightly, 20 to 24 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with creme fraiche.