This recipe is by Emeril Lagasse.
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 store-bought or homemade pie crust in a deep-dish 9-inch plate
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for coating chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
LET'S MAKE THE PIE:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread pecans in crust. In a small bowl, toss chocolate chips in a little flour to coat, then scatter evenly over pecans. In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, butter, and flour until well combined. Pour filling over pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake until filling is set and crust is browned, about 70 minutes. (If pie browns too quickly, loosely tent with foil.) Let cool on a wire rack at least 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature.