This is another recipe for a gluten-free pastry pie crust.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
LET'S MAKE THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees F.
- Combine salt and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly add shortening to salt and flour.
- Add in ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until the almond flour is moistened and dough almost cleans the sides of the bowl. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of ice water as necessary.
- Roll out dough and fit in pie pan. For a baked shell, either prick the bottom and sides with a fork, or use pie weights so the shell doesn't bubble up.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.